.38 Special to play at The Panama City Beach Seafood, Wine & Music Festival

by July 31, 2008 • 10 comments

THE PANAMA CITY BEACH SEAFOOD, WINE & MUSIC FESTIVAL, formerly the Indian Summer Festival, proudly announces a major addition to the event’s entertainment line-up.

Eventertainment Group, LLC., in cooperation with Neste Event Marketing of Nashville has secured .38 Special as the festival’s major headliner for the kickoff day of the event, Friday October 10, 2008. Show time T.B.A., advance discount tickets on sale soon.

More announcements are expected in the coming days.

The festival will be located at Frank Brown Park, October 10, 11 & 12, 2008.

For additional information, please visit www.panamacitybeachfest.com.

Additional Event News Stories

1 Webb W July 31, 2008 at 6:38 am

Rock on! 🙂

2 Russell July 31, 2008 at 8:52 am

It would be great that .38 Special is the headliner if this was 1982.

3 Susan July 31, 2008 at 11:19 am

This is awesome! I can’t wait to see who they have for Saturday and Sunday!! I hear it will be music, food and fun all weekend! Something for everybody I’m sure.

4 Maureen August 5, 2008 at 7:02 am

The link isn’t working.

5 Nancy August 5, 2008 at 7:02 pm

I have to agree. This isnt 1982. Couldnt they do better. What wine do you drink with 38 Special? Wine in a box?

6 a August 11, 2008 at 9:45 am

i thought the original concept was to feature regional and national jazz acts to accompany the wine tasting? i then saw the event producer and he said that because the seabreeze jazz festival is coming to pcb that there wasn’t enough room to have jazz at this event?

maybe i’m cynical, but there are other types of jazz than the smooth jazz that the seabreeze event boasts. i think the city should ask why they were promised one direction and then sent in another. i agree with nancy…drinking wine with craig morgan and .38 special just doesn’t seem to work.

7 Susan August 11, 2008 at 11:55 am

I don’t believe they’ve annouced the rest of the line up… from what I saw they intend to have all types of entertainment. No one type was promised to be predominant. Seafood, Wine and Music is the whole event… why is everyone so focused on who the music is… you can still eat, drink, shop, view the art, enjoy in general right?

8 sheila August 12, 2008 at 6:34 am

Never heard of them….

9 Mike August 12, 2008 at 8:29 am

My family has enjoyed the Seafood Festival for over 17 years straight but as non-drinkers I will have to think twice before taking my kids to a Wine Festival. We regret the name/format change. What’s wrong with a good clean family fun event?

10 ann henry September 30, 2009 at 10:25 am

It’s still good clean family fun. A name change is just that, A NAME CHANGE. The festival will still cater to the families as it has done for more than 25 years. Relax, let yourself have some fun.Life is too short.