Just so you aren’t blind-sighted in the coming weeks, I’ve got to tell you that we are working on a total redesign of pcbdaily.com. Technology and trends change so quickly that every so often we have to take a hard look at what we are doing and make some tweaks to be sure that we don’t fall behind.
New features will include:
- Fresh new design – an awesome new look that will make the content easier to read, and find.
- Simple new categorization – we’ve completely overhauled the way the content is organized.
- Use the Archives page – If you are looking for past articles, or just want to browse old content, we sorted it by date and by topic.
- Featured Articles – On the front page will be 5 featured article boxes to keep the new content up front. Below will be all the latest news listed in blog format.
- Hot Conversations – On the side will be a thumbnail of the most discussed topics linking you right to the action.
- Directory Listings Page – The local businesses that you are looking for all in one place. Included will be everything you need to get in touch with them, including who they are, what they do, phone numbers and web site addresses. All will be sorted by category.
- Do you Tweet? – If you need to keep up with what is happening here by the minute, you will be able to follow pcbdaily.com on Twitter.com. Twitter is the hottest new social networking tool that allows you to get updates on your cell phone, email or instant messaging system of choice, right as they happen. The flexibility also allows me to post messages from my cell phone. Just imagine, up to the minute updates on the price per square foot sold on the next auction! You won’t have to go, I’ll send you the updates as they happen!
- Sweet New Content – As part of all this, we’ll begin a contributor program that will encourage community editorial input. If you are a local business owner, this will be an opportunity to share what you are good at, and give yourself a free plug on Panama City Beach’s hottest information web site!
- Related Articles – On each post, you will be able to see all of the articles that relate to that topic.
- Subscribe to Comments – Curious how someone responds to your comment? Subscribe to comment notification. When you post a comment, check the notification box to be emailed when someone comments on that particular post.
- And tons more!
I may get the site live this week, but it may not happen until next week. We are all excited at this opportunity and we greatly appreciate your support, as our growth would not be possible without you, the readers!Print Story