Ironman Florida Pictures and Timelapse Video

by November 3, 2008 • 7 comments

Ironman Florida in Panama City Beach Saturday was unbelievable with a course record being shattered by an astonishing 13 minutes.  The winner, Tom Evans, completed the swim portion averaging over 3 mph in just over 48 minutes.  Averaging 26 mph on the bike, Evans started his run after only 4 hours and 18 minutes of riding.  That only leaves just over 3 hours to run the 26 mile marathon equaling a blazing average of 8 mph, FOR 26.2 MILES!

I had the great pleasure of poking around the entire race camp and got quite a few great shots, which are below.  But, before you peep the cool pix, be sure to watch the timelapse I put together of the entire day’s activities. Be sure to comment what you think!

View in HD

Additional Event News Stories

1 allan branch November 3, 2008 at 8:36 pm

Great video, cool stuff.

2 Bob M November 4, 2008 at 9:25 am

You did a great job on the time lapse video. Really brings home the size of the event and the activity associated with this race. Very nice.

3 Lori Duncan November 4, 2008 at 10:27 pm

So cool! I thought the swimmers in the time lapse vid was really neat to watch…such a cool effect watching them all swim out and then in again. Great job!

4 Kimberly November 5, 2008 at 11:34 am

Very cool….I had no idea that the Ironman was such a BIG event. I am a new condo owner at the Sunbird and one of the participants stayed at our place. Thanks again for the video and pics.

5 Nikki Lindsey November 6, 2008 at 5:26 pm

The time lapse video is really cool! I also didn’t realize what a huge event this is. I talked to people this weekend who traveled from places as far as Idaho and Ohio just to register for next year! I hope it continues to grow and to add to the prestige of our area.

6 Jamison Panama February 4, 2010 at 7:35 am

Thank you for the entertaining read! Alright playtime is over and back to school work.