Letters to the TDC – Opposing College Spring Break

by April 7, 2008 • 24 comments

In support of the College Spring Break opposition, Mark Canfora is presenting several documents to the TDC at Tomorrows meeting.

To TDC Board Members,
To sit by and watch this ongoing devastating PCB College Spring Break tragedy and TDC promotion (Event Failure in TDC terminology) continue and do NOTHING would be a form of Passive Collusion: Failure to confront known abusive, harmful or catastrophic behavior.”

Money, in many cases, is motivating factor and a total disregard to the loss and despair of families and the victims. This ongoing dangerous spring break promotion furthers the pain and suffering of the past and present victim’s families with constant reminders of the pain caused during this annual event.

I mentioned in the TDC Marketing meeting last week (04/02/08)…Why is the TDC paying MTV $150,000 as they are known to promote songs that abuse women, family and police all while the scandalous and sensationalism TV show ocean Force videos the misbehavior giving PCB a huge black eye year round nationwide.

Don’t forget the sick men and sexual predators like Joe Francis and Girls Gone Wild as they prowl our beach looking for innocent prey…….and then we cry foul! This is no different than a pedophile being allowed in a day care center. The only difference is Francis made millions of dollars while abusing our children…shame on anyone that permits this to continue. This has to stop now!

I am anxious to get the 20 year total numbers of deaths, (pedestrian, swimming, murder and attempted murder, suicide and alcohol related), rapes (The amount of drug and alcohol induced date rapes will always be unknown to the public…I am sure the total is in the thousands over the past 20 years…one is too many) arrests, serious injuries, DUI’s, etc.

Active Collusion is when people are aware of the dangers of a situation and continue to actively participate in the event full well knowing the ongoing abuse or harm the event has previously caused. Also down playing the seriousness of the situation and trivializing the tragedies. Typically motivated by money, greed, selfishness, ignorance and a total disregard for other’s pain and suffering… ”No Compassion and lack there of!”)

Passive collusion is looking the other way…while minimizing the deep pain and suffering and saying or doing nothing…which sadly is the vast majority of people. (Best described as Complacency)

Where do we go from here?

I ask the TDC to hear the voice of the vast majority that want families back during Spring Break. Let’s move forward in unity on this brand new direction.

We must turn 180 degrees and reach out to the victims and those abused, by “Celebrating” the value of life and family here on the beach…

Some suggested names:
PCB Spring Time: “A Celebration of Life & Family”.
PCB Family Reunion: A “Celebration of Life & Family”…
PCB Spring Break: “A Celebration of Family”….
“A Celebration of Family Life”
Think of the possibilities…we would book our family reunion here next year for Easter….hundreds of my family would attend from around the country (especially when the new airport is complete in 2010)….imagine when 5000 families do that with 100-200 family members attending? (500,000-1,000,000 visitors in a week)

This in Business and Marketing is known as a win-win-win situation.
The beginning of “Healing” from past hurt and pain while emerging to “Celebrate Life” and the “Revenue” for the local economy goes through the roof. This offers a much greater plan and reward than College Spring Break. Families will return to the beach once again.

Request to be posted in all hotel rooms, condos, convenience stores, etc.
(As long as College Spring Break is promoted by the TDC )

*Disclaimer and Warning:

PCB College Spring Break may be hazardous to your health, safety and well being.

Dear valued students and guests,

There have been hundreds and thousands of reported (and unreported) rapes, injuries, hospitalizations, arrests and many, many unfortunate deaths over the last 20 years.
(20 year actual stats to follow here: #: deaths__, rapes__, arrests__, injuries__, DUI’s,etc)

We plead with you to exercise extreme caution during your stay here in PCB and heed the following advice:

Never, ever get separated from those you came with or be left alone at your hotel or place of entertainment;

Never, ever accept any drink you did not see poured or opened fresh from a bottle or can because of the extreme possibility of a date rape type substance or drug that has been added;

Always have a designated member of your group that stays sober to oversee the group you are with and to act as your own security and protector from those desiring to rape, assault or hurt you or anyone in your group. There method of operation is to separate and control;

More warnings to be added;

TDC also is requested establish a 3-Digit 24/7 emergency hotline handled by “trained professionals” and a budget for advertising for future “Breakers and victims in desiring help, in trouble or immediate danger…”
(Cell phones do not give 911 their exact locations on the beach and time is of essence.)

Additional Spring Break Stories

1 Rob April 7, 2008 at 6:55 am

WOW, 1000s of rapes! Im not saying everyone acts like paige boys, but I cant possibly believe that the writer, has any kind of grip on reality…

2 Dena April 7, 2008 at 7:56 am

If you consider “date rape” or “illegal drugs” added to drinks over the last 20 years or alcohol related occurances: 50/year is not unlikely…unless you think it is the girl’s fault? These numbers are only known to the victims…any comments about the deaths?

3 bonnie April 7, 2008 at 2:58 pm

Dear Mark,
I truly hope you keep working on your mission. My son who drowned in 1995 was not a spring breaker, but recruited by his fraternity to go to the Summit in May. It was the weekend before finals at Georgia Tech. My son left school around noon and got to the Summit around 5:00 P.M. When they checked in no one warned the boys about the bad surf. There was not a disclaimer or warning about anything. The boys went to their room and changed clothes. It was then about 5:30 and they went to the beach to swim. There were flags of every color flying from everywhere and no lifeguards. Also there wer not any signs that read SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK-NO LIFEGUARDS ON DUTY. No one knew at that time that there never any lifeguards who went into the ocean to save swimmers in distress. My son and six others saw that the waves were big and thought it would be fun to body surf. As soon as they passed the sandbar all of the boys started to be pull out into the Gulf. Five of the boys could swim out of the rip current except for my son. He stayed above water for 30 minutes yelling for help. A guest that was on an upper floor called to the desk to tell them that boys were in the water and needed help. The desk said that they would call the PCB police. The quest did not see anyone coming so she called the desk again and was told that the police were on the way. Finally the guest called 911 herself and was told that they knew about it. When the guest went down to the beach because she still did not see any rescue attempts, she saw the police had arrived but they did not do rescues. She and the boys were told to go and look in their room, the parking lot, and up and down the beach. That night the boys called me to say that my son was missing. The police never called so I called the police. The policeman that answered the phone did not know anything about my son so I was transfered to another poloceman. He told me that my body would probably wash up on the beach in 24 to 36 hours and then they would do recovery. Since I was fifteen hours away from PCB I immediately sent my daughter and her husband who lived in Atlanta at that time there. The police would not give her any information about my son. On Sunday morning at about 4:00 AM the boys called me to tell me that my sons body had washed up. The police would not let his sister identify him they made one of the boys. Needless to say my daughter was very upset.
Please put some kind of warnings in each room not behind the door but on the bathroom mirror. Thanks for all the work you are doing.

Comment by bonnie — April 7, 2008 @ 2:17 pm

4 Nigel April 8, 2008 at 12:53 am

I’m at Majestic right now and it is horrible. No one can get sleep until 2:00 AM due to the high level of noise inside and outside the building. Most adults are turned off. Majetic is supposed to be 25 and over yet most of the building is under aged. I visited to buy now I will be looking at Destin. Adios PCB.

5 Jm Morin April 8, 2008 at 7:09 am

I’ve been here from 30 years. Spring Break is a Diaster for PCB. The TDC has always been short sighted. One plan after another, one manager after another. They just can’t keep on track. Just like the hell rasing high school and college students, children of familes will come back when the “Grow Up”. One need only look at Datona to see what happens you develope a plan and stick to it. In my opinion, PCB’s TDC is a real looser.

6 Eric April 8, 2008 at 7:46 am

Why is it that none of the positive responses are printed? And how many of the complainers are local? If they are from out of town, then they need to see the revenues brought in by the spring break crowd. If they dont like that time of year then plan their vacation either at another time or another place.

7 RC April 8, 2008 at 7:53 am

I agree that college spring break must go. Jason, you posted an email address a while back for the TDC. Does anyone have a mailing address?

8 John April 8, 2008 at 8:38 am

Why is it that the only response from the pro-spring break crowd is “we make a bunch of money PCB that you can’t replace, so put up with it or go elsewhere” ?

This response ignores the following facts:
1. Our police go 24/7 for about two months – that impacts the quality of service to the rest of us
and is something I, as a taxppayer, will not put up with.
2. There is an increased amount of drug and alcohol related deaths, rapes, robberies, assualts and accidents duringthis time. What is the pro spring break crowd answer to this? Put up with it?
3. There is a nationwide movement against underage drinking, and against drug abuse. Why do we want ot buck that trend?
4. Increased demand brings increased supply – an economic fact. This is true in the illegal drug industry. What is the pro spring break crowd answer to this? Put up with it?
5. I can hear the noise and ruckus from several locks away. This is clearly a violation of the Bay COunty noise ordinances.
6. There is destruction of property, demand for public safety services, an human impact during spring break that offsets the revenue generated. Some folks choose not to include spring break in their business model because of this, yet find thier other opportunities lost beacuse of spring break.
What is the pro spring break crowd answer to this? Put up with it?

OK you pro-spring break folks – get out from under the rocks and identify yourselves and your businesses, provide answers to these problems just like you have told other folks they should provide alternatives.

That means you – Patrick, Eric, Rob, et al.

If you think the population at large is going to support spring break without a solution to this stuff, you need a reality check, and I promise you it is coming soon.

p.s. I have already provided my business interests in another post.

9 John April 8, 2008 at 9:22 am

BTW – I am not anti-spring break, I am just annoyed by the attitude and methods of the pro-spring break crowd,. e.g.: “Put up with it, we bring in money”.

I am annoyued by thier failure / refusal to identify themselves to show thier prejudices and interests, while demanding that others do and posing that those who oppose spring break do not live here.

I believe Spring Break is an American rite of passge, so to speak, but ours needs to get cleaned up. I believe it can be cleaned up and there are alternatives.

I am not sure, however, that we are attracting folks who will visit here later, or even a college crowd that will be successful enough later to come / stay / buy. We need more than that anyway – we need those who can later and will come stay and invest in businesses, developments, and attractions.

10 Maureen April 8, 2008 at 9:35 am

To the ‘pro’ spring breakers: The revenue is grand, during spring break. What about after spring break is over? You know guys, it doesn’t last all year, just during spring. Unless it generates enough revenue to sustain a business all year, then what’s the benefit? A lot of drunk kids, puking themselves around town, inappropriate PDA in very public places, driving carelessly, especially those renting the scooters and the jazzed up golf carts, and I could go on. My 7-year old grandson lives in PCB 24/7. It’s gotten to the point where it’s almost impossible to take him to Walmart or McDonald’s, etc., without his seeing what would usually garner an R rating in a movie, and the filty mouths some of these kids have is unbelievable. I haven’t forgotten what it’s like to be a teen or young adult, but I know I would never have embarrassed myself, let alone my parents, acting the way many of these spring breakers do. It’s time to look at the big picture and remember that PCB doesn’t become a ghost town after spring break. Our full time residents deserve a town they can be proud of, 24/7. I might add that while Pier Park has many stores and eating establishments that seem to pander to the young spring breakers, most appeal to locals and visiting families just as much. Remember, there are teens and young adults who make PCB and PC their home. Let’s not see this wonderful new development become a trash bin. Let’s make it and keep it family friendly 24/7, 12 months of the year.

11 T April 8, 2008 at 9:41 am

12 Debby April 8, 2008 at 10:59 am

I have been coming to PCB for two years in Feb. and March. The spring breakers have a real disregard for the police and anyone else with authority. Yet, I have watched these kids walking around with open beers down the streets and beach. Everyone seems to be turning a blind eye because of revenue. Personally spending $5,000 in six weeks and listening to other olders adults talking about what they are spending should be the revenue you need if you can keep us coming back and passing the word that it is a great vacation spot. Older adults have more money to spend and we spend it on all your establishments. BUT if you keep letting the spring break kids tear up the town and businesses then we will be going to Destin. We stayed at the Calypso and the kids tore up the place and ran rampant through the condos screaming profanity, ringing door bells, puking and urinating over the balconies and in the elevators. They partied in the pool and beach all night with beer cans thrown all over. I wondered is this how they act at home and would their parents be proud of them. I plan on coming back to PCB next year but will be staying at a different condo and will be staying a shorter time which means I won’t be spending as much money. I have listened to alot of other people when I was their and they have said the same thing. Alot of them are not coming back and others are staying in Destin. I believe PCB could be a great vacation spot for families who will be spending the revenue but if this continues they will be going elsewhere.

13 Steve April 8, 2008 at 12:12 pm

How can I go about emailing the TDC to ditto Mr. Canfora’s sentiments? I own a townhome in PCB which my family cannot use during March and April of every year because of the profanity, drunkedness, puking, public urination, wreckless driving and overall disregard and disrespect for the rights and feelings of others exhibited by many, if not most, teenage and college aged springbreakers. In addition, the trash left daily by springbreakers on the beach renders it unsafe and repulsive and neither the city nor the county seems to want to clean it up. Would you want your three year old playing in that mess? If springbreak generates so much money, how is it that the city and county can’t afford to hire enough police to control the bad behavior and garbagemen to keep the beaches clean? Another significant problem is that the county and city are clearly condoning, encouraging, and facilitating underage drinking, which, of course, is a crime, and a huge national problem, while the rest of the country appears to be seeking solutions to that problem. It’s time for Bay County and PCB to act responsibly and in the interest of the homeowner families that want to be able to enjoy their homes in March and April and families that wish to vacation peaceably at PCB! If they do that, those families will fill the economic void left by drunken springbreakers. And if they don’t, those families will find friendlier confines to spend their money, and not just during springbreak.

14 Joe April 8, 2008 at 12:35 pm

Get rid of the breakers and property values will rise. Your short term windfall during spring break benefits a few but rising property values benefit all.

15 Mark Canfora April 8, 2008 at 3:05 pm

My prayers and thoughts go out to the Kight family. I too have loved one that entered heaven in July 2005…Mark Jr. 18.

A Kight family friend wrote a memo earlier on Spring Break:
“Don’t forget my friend’s husband, Sgt Kevin Kight, who was killed by a thug here for spring break. Now little Brandon has no daddy and Christina is a grieving widow…..”

Comment by T — April 8, 2008 @ 9:41 am

This reason- the murder of one of our own…a local police officer, father and husband.. should have been enough and halted Student and College Spring Break in PCB forever as a tribute to him and the countless other victims.

My prayers and thoughts go out to the Kight family. There is hope for their family knowing their daddy and husband is in heaven living life to the fullest and rooting them on and waiting on them in heaven…
He is in their future..not their past…The Bible says:
When those that believe are united with our loved ones again in heaven, we will remember no pain, suffering or time that has elapsed…it will be as if we were never apart from them…thank you God! We have true “treasures” stored up in heaven.

God gives us the precious gift of life…how we know what that value is:
What we wouldn’t give for one more day with our loved ones here on earth (give everything)…
I got 6870 of those precious days with Marky…that’s how much God loved me…and more importantly we have hope in an eternity in Heaven with our loved ones…we truly have hope in Jesus Christ!

Romans 10:9
“That if you confess with your mouth and believe in your heart….Jesus is Lord…you will be saved”

The careless nature of how this community leadership in has ignored the many, many victims over the years is beyond human reasoning and imagination.
It can only be selfish motivation in exchange for moral values and lives lost and damaged.

When that little 18 year old girl recently was treated so brutally and inhumanely, raped and tossed from that 6th floor balcony to die…
I wept uncontrollably and grieved for her, for her family and I thanked God she miraculously lived.

Unlike so many others that have not.

I prayed and agreed in prayer this has to stop now…a line was drawn in the sand and previously silenced voices are crying out: No More!

I am gathering the true, real numbers of real lives lost and those forever scarred…here in PCB SB. Officer Kight will be one of many tragedies that come forth to be added to this list….no more “minimizing the loss” and no more “slick marketing diversions” taking attention away from the truth…No More!

In Bonnie’s son’s memory better postings of the dangers of the deadly rip currents…in every hotel and condo bathroom…is another worthy and much needed cause…better flag system at every beach access from the east end to the west. (Those wanting to help contact me and mark “Bonnie” at my email address below)

Please re-read the 3 things victims demand for the true healing to begin:
The Truth told,
Abuse/Abuser(s) to stop (so others won’t be hurt or killed),
and a Policy in place to never, ever happen again…

The next TDC Meeting is in May to discuss SB…I say everyone get the TDC Board and marketing committee emails posted here (they are public knowledge) and let the TDC know we say: NO MORE!!!

“If they choose to turn a deaf ear once again…and continue to promote, market or spend even $1 towards college/student spring break…”
We will be calling for a economic boycott of all the businesses, hotels, condos, restaurants, etc. of those individuals and companies continuing to support this tragedy of an “event failure..”
This is no way will be near as damaging to them (their wallet) as the lives lost and forever damaged…
(so they lose several million dollars…what is that in comparison to one precious life?)

The numbers, names and photos of the SB victims will speak forth volumes…and the numbers will represent real lives devastated…I pray the remaining family members and friends turn to God and and have accepted His Son Jesus as their Savior in their lives for their peace, comfort and strength to carry on.

No drug, alcohol or anything can take the pain away like God can and will if you let Him.

That proposed boycott will not totally take away the pain and suffering that these horrible tragedies have caused the families and friends…but it is the road to healing when families are celebrated Easter week insted of wet t-shirt contests and MTV.

We must come together as a community and family and in one voice say: No More!!!
I am calling for a gathering of victims, families and concerned citizens that say NO More!!! Not one more dollar ever spent again to market Spring Break to students…only to families.

(Location, date and times announced here and a
“No More: PCB SB victims web site will be established to gather data…. before the next TDC meeting.)

Let’s Celebrate Life and Families here on the beach!!!…Let’s celebrate the memory of our loved ones and…Celebrate the precious gift of life, family, friends here on earth and in heaven.
We have Hope!!!

I truly believe the real numbers are reflected here in these signed letters.. written on these pages…and the 95% phone calls to me are positive and in support…..(The PCBDaily SB web poll on this site in no way is accurate…one person or small group can influence the outcome…60-40 number or even a 50-50 it could reflect.) I believe it truly is 90-10.

Call or email me to with actual info on lives lost and serious crimes (rapes, assaults, etc) and please help in getting the accurate numbers on SB victims I mentioned in the article above…

I welcome Police stats on crime, arrests, assaults, etc…hospital records and all other records for March-April SB for the last 20 years.

With utmost respect,
Mark Canfora Sr.
markcanfora at aol.com
330 865-1000 Nationwide cell
850 257 5300 (2nd choice)

3707 23rd St
PC, Fl 32401
Mark Canfora Ministries

16 Phillip April 8, 2008 at 3:53 pm

I am not sure what country everyone is living in, but all you have to do is watch the news a see a story about teenagers, college kids and even adults gone slap crazy. Spring Break is not the problem, I personally experience the same rude crude and socially unacceptable behavior at the Indian Summer Seafood Festival, Billfish Tournement and just try to sleep during Thunder Beach week. I know how to stop this behavior, unfortunately, we will all have to give up many of our constitutional rights.

17 Edw Mackus April 8, 2008 at 5:29 pm

We do not need the college kids to come here for their spring break. They only create bad image for our
The only people that gain from these “crazies” are
t-shirt shops and places that sell beer.
We do not need these kids to come here and chase all
the decent people from our community and give us a black
eye. Let these “nuts” go someplace else. St Augustine
has a policy that says spring breakers are not welcome.
Why don`t we do the same?

18 Bob April 9, 2008 at 12:32 am

I cannot believe it. This all seems like a bad western movie. The peace loving citizens are being held hostage by some bullies that rule the town via cowboy terrorism. Everyone is forced to accept lawless behavior because the city leader have no backbone, or worse . . . don’t care. The sheriff can’t do anything because he is out gunned and doesn’t have enough deputies to back him up. The net result is the bullies get their way while everyone else talks and wonders about what went wrong and can anything be done.

Can it get any more pathetic? What is wrong with this town?!?!

It appears the lessons learned at Ft. Lauderdale are totally lost on the leadership of PCB. This is not rocket science, and you don’t need a bunch of studies to figure out what is the right thing to do. What you do need is leadership!

19 Catherine April 9, 2008 at 7:27 am

I have a suggestion for the Bay County Board of Commissioners/TDC as a local propety owner
who rents their own condos and PAYS the 3% TDC tax every month:

My Spring Break Solution concerns starts : the last Saturday in February until the first Saturday in April
each year:

#1 Change the TDC tax (BED TAX) to Bay County Unicorporated/Panama City Beach Tourist Tax
BCU/PCBTT Tax ….form a new commission. Out with old..in with the new. Or keep the TDC tax and add the BCU/PCBTT Tax and address the problems with spring break Win-Win

#2 Businesses that profit from springbreakers…restaurants, nightclubs, scooter rentals, beach services should all be taxed the BCU/PCBTT tax.

Why should condo owners pay the 3% tax when we do not profit from Spring Break. You say
we get rental $$…if you own a condo, one would know that you do not “make money” from owning
a condo. Condo owners often reluctantly rent out to spring breakers to off-set many months of
low, low rent from our winter guests.

#3 Use the new 3% BCU/PCBTT tax from the above mentioned businesses…any proprietor from Newby’s II
to west of Pier Park for security/police protection, advertisement budget for the TDC and clean-up.

During this “Spring Break” time period as above mentioned (End Saturday in Feb.-to first Sat. in April)as a time of

~Constant police/security monitory our streets (Thomas Drive and Front Beach Rd). Enforce the Rules!

~All day security/policing of beach concerts/activities. Enforce Double Red Flags/Red Flag warnings!

~Pay for and begin a lifeguard system and stations along this area.

~Hire a trash management company to clean the streets/beaches nightly!

Did you know that 2% of the our 3% TDC tax goes to marketing! That half of our money went
to MTV that profited the pockets of the above mentioned businesses. The Bay County Board
of Commissions want to increase our TDC tax!

The other 1% goes to beach renourishment.

Did you know that most people who pay the TDC tax dollars do not know of TDC meetings, budgets or any part of the system that allocates funds for certain areas.

Did you know that the 3% bed tax (TDC) comes from condo owners/hotel owners that mainly live in Georgia
Alabama and Tennessee and cannot vote in this county because they are of state and otherwise have
no voice on where their money is spent. So the solution should also start with locals who live here, who have a voice and have a VOTE!

If you pay the 3%..TDC tax…Our Bay County Board of Commissioners TDC branch should notify every tax payer with a budget, meetings and agendas…Monthly!

This is my suggestion…. Any comments?

20 Mark Canfora April 9, 2008 at 8:37 am

Many people have requested I post this article. It was not in the out of town papers:

The suspect has since been apprehended and is in jail.
This is one of many Spring Break tragdies…please pray for her recovery.

Police: Guard sought in rape of teen
Police in Panama City Beach, Florida, looking for hotel security guard Shawn Wuertly
He’s suspected of raping teen staying at hotel, tossing her from 6th-floor balcony
Victim remains hospitalized; injuries not life-threatening, police say
Wuertly was questioned by police earlier, released for lack of evidence

(CNN) — Panama City Beach, Florida, police are looking for a hotel security guard accused of raping an Alabama student and throwing her off a sixth-floor hotel balcony, a police spokesman told CNN.

Police released this photo of Shawn Wuertly, who worked as a hotel security guard in Panama City Beach, Florida.

1 of 2

The 18-year-old woman from Tuscaloosa, Alabama, remains hospitalized, but her injuries are not life-threatening, Lt. Dave Humphreys said.
The incident happened early Monday at the Sandpiper Beacon Beach Resort in Panama City Beach during spring break.
Police have issued an arrest warrant for Shawn Wuertly, 29, who worked as a security guard at the resort, Humphreys said.
He is wanted for attempted felony murder, sexual battery and false imprisonment.
Wuertly had been questioned by police regarding the attack, but they lacked the evidence to hold him, the spokesman said.
The police investigation has found that the suspect had seen the girl “several times” at the hotel and had “taken a liking to her at some point,” Humphreys said.
Around 1 a.m. on Monday, the suspect grabbed the woman and pulled her into an unoccupied room on the sixth floor, using his key to get in, Humphreys said.
She said he sexually assaulted her and, after a brief altercation, threw her over the balcony, the police spokesman said.
Don’t Miss
WJHG: Police say suspect may still be in area
She hit two smaller roofs on her way down, which likely saved her from more serious injuries, before she came to rest in a second floor stairwell, Humphreys said.
After his initial questioning, Wuertly told police he was leaving for Tennessee and would return on Wednesday. Wuertly has an outstanding arrest warrant, something that police did not discover until after he was released.
“Obviously no one checked his warrants because he has an outstanding warrant in Indiana,” Humphrey said, noting that police are “not happy and will address that.”
CNN’s calls to the hotel’s manager regarding Wuertly’s outstanding warrant were not returned.

21 Phillip April 9, 2008 at 1:32 pm

FYI, Here are a few crime statics ratings for comparable cities to PCB.

Destin (zip 32541), FL, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 6.
Violent crime is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter,
forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 3.

Destin (zip 32541), FL, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 6.
Property crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft,
and arson. The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property,
but there is no force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 3.

Panama City Beach, FL, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 7.
forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault. The US average is 3.

Panama City Beach, FL, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 8.

Pensacola, FL, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 7. Violent crime
is composed of four offenses: murder and nonnegligent manslaughter, forcible rape, robbery,
and aggravated assault. The US average is 3.

Pensacola, FL, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 6. Property crime includes
the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson. The object of the
theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no force or threat of
force against the victims. The US average is 3.

Myrtle Beach, SC, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 7. Violent crime
and aggravated assault. The US average is 3.

Myrtle Beach, SC, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 8. Property crime includes
force against the victims. The US average is 3.

Daytona Beach, FL, violent crime, on a scale from 1 (low crime) to 10, is 8. Violent crime
and aggravated assault. The US average is 3.

Daytona Beach, FL, property crime, on a scale from 1 (low) to 10, is 7. Property
crime includes the offenses of burglary, larceny-theft, motor vehicle theft, and arson.
The object of the theft-type offenses is the taking of money or property, but there is no
force or threat of force against the victims. The US average is 3.

22 Angie June 18, 2008 at 1:33 am

Bonnie if you find this I would love to check on you and I am glad to see you on here writing about Randy and letting everyone know how unprepared Panama City Beach was and how these accidents continue to happen. If they will post my email it’s horner_a@bellsouth.net write in the subject line something that will get my attention.

23 Dave July 10, 2008 at 9:31 pm

I’ve lived next to Panama City Beach all my life…(I won’t say which city because I don’t want to bring even more unwanted tourist to this nicer part of Florida)BUT when most tourist come to my city they talk about how they used to go to Panama City for vacation but don’t anymore because of the dirty areas and drugs and spring breakers. We used to have all that here 25 years ago but our Chamber of Commerce and city planners banned this in our hotels. Yes business owners complained in the beginning BUT as one other poster mentioned…Spring Break is only one time of the year. Now our tourist industry enjoys year round rentals with responsible adults and families. Our crime rates are almost non existant which allows for our money to go to other things. I wish Panama City would take back their city from the greedy hole in the wall businesses “on the strip”. This is coming from your fellow neighbors that would like to see you succede!!

24 piratage facebook July 1, 2015 at 3:00 pm

What’s up to every one, the contents existing at this website are actually awesome
for people experience, well, keep up the good work fellows.