John Skinner, a local agent also known as the “Condo Man” was kind enough to allow me to post his monthly newsletter providing some current data on sold pre-construction condos.
As of right now, he indicates that the MLS shows:
- 188 active 1 bedroom gulf front condos
- 326 active 2 bedroom gulf front condos
- 134 active 3 bedroom gulf front condos
- 32 active 4 bedroom gulf front condos
- 86 sold 1 bedroom gulf front condos built 2003 – 2007 this year so far
- 188 sold 2 bedroom gulf front condos built 2003 – 2007 this year so far
- 41 sold 3 bedroom gulf front condos built 2003 – 2007 this year so far
- 9 sold 4 bedroom gulf front condos built 2003 – 2007 this year so far
This brings the total of new condos sold this year to 254. He also notes that the current inventory has gone down consistently since August 2006. (more)
I continue to get emails from agents telling their positive stories:
When I watch the news and they say that the real estate market is doomed, I look at my team partner and say so then why have we already closed over 13 million in production numbers this year? Why are we so stacked with customers that we are literally forced to work 7 days a week to keep on top of all of the deals we are currently working on? My 2 person Realtor Team did over 15 million in 2005 which everyone sites as our “boom” year. If we close a fraction of the deals we are currently working on then we will exceed our 2007 goal of 20 million in closed production numbers with ease. I wonder what our numbers could have been this year if we had some positive press instead of all the negative…….hmm…..
Stephanie Adams, Realtor
ERA Chipola Realty