New Aerials Released of the New Airport

by December 24, 2009 • 17 comments

The runway extension is heavy production, the terminal is almost complete and we’re just a few short months away from seeing those beautiful canyon blue jets flying over our beaches.  Here are the latest aerials of the brand new, but not yet completed Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport.

Additional Airport Stories

1 Jason Koertge December 24, 2009 at 7:10 am

Great shots Cebo

2 Cebo Campbell December 24, 2009 at 7:12 am

I didn’t take them, JoeBay Aerials did.

3 Jerry Eyler December 24, 2009 at 7:38 am

Nice! Thanks

4 Bob Canady December 24, 2009 at 9:09 am

Great pictures and we really appreciate the ongoing updates of the construction progress on this tremendous facility.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

5 Jason Koertge December 24, 2009 at 10:36 am

oh, my bad. I guess I could have figured that. I mean, seriously, how could you have gotten that high. I mean, I know you’re a good jumper and all, but that would be a little insane.

6 Sharon Ernst December 24, 2009 at 10:58 am

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Merry Christmas to all of you in PCB! Wish I were able to be there during the holidays~! I’m sure you have sunny skies!

7 Paul Cannefax December 24, 2009 at 11:01 am

Wow it is coming along fast. The terminal looks similar to Ft. Walton Beach or what ever it’s name is NOW. I think it has changed name like 6 times in the last year. Oh those powers to be. Any idea haw many flights per day are scheduled?

8 Larry Couch December 24, 2009 at 11:09 am

Wow, it looks like they could open a cable park on the end of the runway. That would be awesome.

9 Justin December 24, 2009 at 12:27 pm

Look at all that water!

10 SAM December 26, 2009 at 4:28 pm

JASON ,PLEASE LET US KNOW IF MORE AIRLINES ARE COMING TO OUR NEW AIRPORT?????THANKS

11 Marc Levesque December 27, 2009 at 12:34 pm

Those retension ponds..I mean lakes, are really being put to the test.

12 Aric December 27, 2009 at 8:25 pm

The first one looks to tiny!

13 Poolside December 28, 2009 at 8:37 pm

For some reason I’m not too impressed with the progress…. almost like it has been going backwards… I would really start to speed things up.

Look at this shot from September 4, 2009

and the most recent pic

Whats’ up with the terminal roof??

14 Melanie Driggers December 29, 2009 at 1:31 pm

Great pictures! As far as employment for the new airport —- would you have heard the where, when and how’s of the application process? The month of May is not all that far away — I would think they would start looking for employees as soon as possible. I have a lot of unemployed friends — people who want to work — and are good, loyal and hardworking — who I have been trying to assist in finding them work. Jason — if you can — please advise. Thank You! Have a healthy, safe and comfortable New Year in 2010!

15 Sherry January 2, 2010 at 3:28 pm

where is the turn off to the airport from 79? We are in town for the holiday and we couldn’t see any marked exits. How far from Front Beach Road is the new airport?
Thanks.

16 Mike B January 3, 2010 at 10:50 am

Last time we were down, the turnoff to the airport was on Hwy 388. 388 goes east off 79 at West Bay. Maybe a mile or two off 79 if I remember right. It’s about 7-8 miles from Front Beach road if memory serves.
Love the new pictures!
Is the second runway to be completed after the airport opens? It looks like it hasn’t been built yet.. Or am I confusing the retention ponds to the east, with the optional second(third?) parallel runway on the west side of the terminal

17 Richard January 12, 2010 at 3:00 am

Not so impressed with the layout though. I’m delighted for the progress and moving forward in our area, but we need to do it in style. I’m sure the interior and face of the building will be stylish, I hope. I would have liked to have seen a more interesting and modern layout though. It looks really squared off like a big warehouse and it appears they modeled it after the Ft. Walton and PC airport. Why did the retention ponds have to be so close to the runways? They could have made them look more natural also. I hope it will look better when it’s complete. Hats off to all the hard work though. Please don’t take my criticism badly anyone, I just expect well thought out design projects with all aspects considered. We need to think outside the box when developing this area!