Well, with the new website, apparently comes more consistent updates. Recently posted, the airport is around 3 months ahead of schedule. With just over 40% of the total construction contract completed on 34% of the total construction TIME has elapsed.
- 4.5 million cubic yards of excavation has been completed (about 80% of the expected total).
- 12,500 linear feet of storm sewer is in place and 10,360 tons of asphalt which meets all interim milestones for the project.
- Earthwork on Runway 16-34 is 99% complete and the asphalt base for the runway will be laid starting on October 6, 2008. Concrete paving on the runway should begin around November 24, 2008.
- The limerock base course is complete in the northern half of the terminal parking lot and is continuing in the rest of the parking lot. Curb installation in the parking lot is nearing 90%.
- The guard rail is being installed at County Road 388 entrance.
- 2.5” of asphalt base course is in place along the 11,000 linear feet of the main access road.
- The security fence around the perimeter of the airport property is approximately 35% complete
- The building pad for the terminal building is complete. Construction on the terminal building is scheduled to begin in October pending award of the contract for construction by the Airport Authority Board.