New Krystal to Open Soon

by May 14, 2009 • 8 comments

_mg_7028wtmk

Laboring in the sweltering hot sun in heavy, humid air, workers chop, grind and cut away at bits and peices of steel forming the walls and structure of what will surely house many memories of family time eating bite-sized burgers.  Krystal on Panama City Beach, right across from its old location and Wal-Mart is set to open by July 4th, this summer.

The 2,400 square foot restaurant will have a drive through and dining area and will be right next to an Arby’s, although construction has not begun yet for the roast beef sandwich maker.

Ahh, fond memories of those simple tiny tasty burgers at 4 am still float in my mind from years and years ago.  Krystal, they were always there when you needed them most.

Additional Construction Update Stories

1 concerned owner May 14, 2009 at 10:39 pm

You will know when it is open when there are several police cars parked out front. When ordering remain calm and don’t look the cops in the eye, they get aggressive if they think someone is going to eat their donuts.

2 Jason May 15, 2009 at 6:11 am

I guess I didn’t know that they sold donuts at Krystal.

3 Gregg May 15, 2009 at 6:55 am

Concerned Owner I guess you are a “My glass is half empty” type of person. I really don’t remember a single positive comment that you have made about any subject. PCB is one of the most beautiful areas in the SE, while certainly there are issues as with anyplace else, JMO the good far outways the bad.

4 Hunter Palmer May 15, 2009 at 8:34 am

Woo Hoo! Had some Krystals in Mary Esther last weekend and had forgotten how good they are. The news about a new Arby’s is the icing on the cake. I’m one of those people that only eats fast-food once every couple of weeks so when I do I savor it.

5 Bob May 19, 2009 at 6:28 am

My Fond memories are more like 1:00AM. As a child in 1957 the ten cent burgers and banana cream pie were straight from Heaven!

6 concerned owner May 19, 2009 at 7:40 am

GREG: I really don’t remember a single positive comment that you have made about any subject.”
=========================

If you don’t like my posts just skip them.

7 Leanna May 19, 2009 at 8:27 am

Krystals? Really? We weren’t good enough to get an actual White Castles? Oh well, beggars can’t be choosers and I will defintely frequent that joint anyway, even if it is only second best!

8 Bealestcat November 23, 2009 at 4:39 am

I, also, loved the ten cent hamburgers and the banana cream pie was great. I even liked the cheap crust they used. Would love to have a pie once more.