New Waterpark in Panama City Beach – Plans

by March 21, 2009 • 9 comments

Well, thanks to some good friends is high places, I was able to get my grubby little hands on the plans for the new waterpark that is coming to Panama City Beach.  From the looks of it, the new park seems to have all the necesary features to add quite nicely to the things to do in Panama City Beach.

Some of the items of attraction include a wave pool, activity pool, interactive play structure (envision a three story jungle-gym that pumps water through it in ways even the imagination cannot fully predict), lazy river, inner-tube slides, a family raft ride, and a whole “zone” for surfing.

Enough talk!  Here’s the plans.

Edit 3/23/09:

I’d like to apologize for not being clear as to where this was.  I had specified that in my other post on this, but I should have specified that on this as well.  sorry!  I’d also like to apologize for the delay in response to this.

Below is a map of where it will be located. The new park will be on the east side of Clara Avenue in between Middle Beach and Front Beach Road.  The entire property is around 30 acres, although half of that will be parking.  In the plans is a Flow-Rider surfing feature – more info on that soon!

032309_waterpark

Additional Construction Update Stories

1 Jerry Eyler March 21, 2009 at 9:08 am

Where will the new waterpark be? When do you think it will open?

Jerry

2 Mike March 21, 2009 at 2:34 pm

This looks like a bad version of Shipwreck island, with less rides and the addition of the Surf Zone.

3 Bob March 21, 2009 at 3:12 pm

Hurray ! More life guard jobs.

4 Jason Koertge March 23, 2009 at 1:15 pm

sorry for the delay in response, Jerry! I updated this post with a map so that you know where it will be.

5 Kerry March 24, 2009 at 10:09 am

What’s the estimated opening date?

6 little lady March 26, 2009 at 12:07 am

finally- a little competition for shipwreck island- it is amazing that shipwreck island costs the same amount as both of the disney water parks- maybe this new competition might cause shipwreck island to rethink their pricing

7 Bryan Durta March 26, 2009 at 9:05 am

Little Lady,

Where did you get your information from? The shipwreck island web site lists their daily admission as $32.00. The disney web site lists their daily admission as $42.00. Also, shipwreck island has free parking. I’m guessing disney has a parking charge.

It’s great that we might be getting a new attraction, but should we really be slamming a business that has been helping to bring family tourists to our area for years?

8 little lady March 26, 2009 at 11:31 pm

I never intended to slam shipwreck island, my kids are big fans. I have been researching a trip to disney’s typhoon lagoon for spring break and have been able to find tickets for $34.You are probably right about paying for parking though. I was only suggesting that this might cause shipwreck island to reduce there pricing- i have a large family so it costs more for us to go anywhere all together, I was simply hoping for reduced pricing or maybe more bang for the buck.

9 pcb999 August 3, 2009 at 1:01 am

I doubt this is happening. Do a public records search. $15M judgment in favor of the bank against Sterling Generations, LLC on this parcel.