This coming Saturday, September 18th 2010, the new Panama City Beach library will hold an official grand opening ceremony complete with all sorts of wonderful workshops and presentations. Panama City Beach Mayor Gayle Oberst will cut the ribbon at 9:45 a.m, with tours of the library immediately following. Here’s the full schedule.
7:30 a.m – 8:30 a.m – Memoir Workshop by Dr. Melinda Stephenson, with coffee and doughnuts.
9:30 a.m – 10:30 a.m – Acknowledgments and presentations by Mayor Gayle Oberst.
- Invocation by Rev. Allen Newton
- Presentation of Colors by Arnold High School NJROTC
- National Anthem by Arnold High School Showcase Choir
- Pledge of Allegiance by WWII Veterans; James Simpson, Steve Rula, John Coleman, Wallace Decker and Kenneth Tucker
- Ribbon Cutting by Panama City Beach Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors and Bay County Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors.
10:30 a.m – 1:30 p.m – Tours of the library and programs hosted by the Friends of Panama City Beach Library Foundation, Inc.
- Free hot dogs/drinks served by Beach Optimists.
- History of PCB Exhibit by Pioneers of the Community.
- Exhibition of a WWII Project by Scott Ramsey.
10:30 a.m – Flower Arranging Workshop by the Gulf Beach Garden Club.
10:30 a.m – 11:30 a.m – Children and Young Adult Writing Workshop by children’s author, Virginia Dixon (author of “Where’s Willie”).
11:30 a.m – 12:30 p.m – Storytelling by Sandra Pierce.
Demonstrations from 8:00 a.m – noon in front of the library will include firemen, policemen, mosquito control and more.Print Story