Talking with Felecia Cook, Pier Park’s marketing director, a few weeks ago, I had inquired as to what they were doing to keep ‘the park’ active during the off-season. “We have tons of stuff planned, we will be very active all winter.”
Below is the schedule of events so far planned.
2008- 2009 COMMUNITY EVENT PLAN:
- Sept. 20th- Tiles in the Park- Over 300 tiles will be installed in the C building area from local children who painted them with the Visual Arts Center and the Boys and Girls Club
- Sept. 20th – Fire Flies and Kites in the Park- an art activity creating Fire Flies and kites for children with the Visual Arts Center
- Sept. 24th through 28th- Thunder Beach- Pier Park to host bike show on property
- All Month- Comcast Presents On-stage at Pier Park- Local singing, acting, instrumentals, dancing groups to perform at Pier Park
- All Month- Oktoberfest at Pier Park – A fall celebration for families, hosted by Hofbrau Beer Garden
- Oct. 3rd- Breast Cancer Awareness Ribbon Hanging- Ribbon Celebration in combination with Vera Bradley and Irene & Co. we will be hanging large pink bows on the palm trees in the promo area and Irene & Co. will add ribbons purchased by those donating to the fund.
Breast Cancer Awareness to be celebrated all month
- Oct. 3rd, 4th & 5th- Super Boat National Championship Boat Show- Power boats parked for display on our property
- Oct. 4th- Bay Medical Sweeny Todd Blood Drive- Mobile blood center set up for donations in front of Blender Clothing/ Radio remote from Wave 100
- Oct. 4th- Jelly Bean Mobile- Candymaker to host the Jelly Bean Mobile on property for kids
- Oct. 10th, 11th, & 12th- Seafood, Wine and Jazz Festival at Frank Brown Park- A highlight of the fall season, showcasing arts, crafts, local restaurants, and regionally and nationally renowned musicians performing on two stages during three days, 28th Annual.
- Oct. 11th – Emerald Coast Triathlon- Pier Park property will be involved.
- Oct. 17th- Heart Walk- Charity walk through Pier Park for the American Heart Association
- Oct. 18th- Girls Inc. Half Marathon- Charity marathon beginning and ending at Pier Park
- Oct. 25th – Kids Festival- Stories, crafts and games for children
- Oct. 31st- Malloween – Pier Park fall activities such as, costume competitions, crafts, and more.
- Nov. 1st- Ironman Florida Triathlon- Pier Park Property will be involved
- Nov. 3rd through 8th- Emerald Coast Cruzin – Classic Cars and the 35th Anniversary of American Graffiti. America Graffiti cast members, parade of cars, car competitions, “50’s Dress Up night, and more. Parade to be held through Pier Park on Wednesday Nov. 5th
- Nov. 7th- Taste of the Beach – A multi-regional initiative spear-headed by Coastal Vision 3000 to promote this region and brand it as “The Beach”. Pier Park will represent Bay County by hosting one of the four “Taste of the Beach” events planned to promote this new initiative.
- Nov. 14th, 15th & 16th- Madonnari – Italian street painting festival hosted by the Visual Arts Center
- Nov. 28- Black Friday– Stores open at 5am for the busiest shopping day of the year
- All Month- Food Drive- this will be done to benefit a local food bank
December (Dates to be determined)
- Holiday Concert Series – All public and private schools, child centers, and churches will be invited to come to Pier Park to sing/ play their holiday cheer.
- Tree Lighting Ceremony- Pier Park will become the “downtown” of PCB and all holiday activities.
- Christmas at the Beach Parade- Pier Park Drive will be the focal point of the Holiday Season.
- Santa at the Beach Photos- Family tradition restored to the beach by inviting Santa and his reindeer to join us at Pier Park.
- Santa at the Beach Pet Photos- Family tradition restored to the beach by inviting Santa and his reindeer to join us at Pier Park and introduce him to your special family members.
- Toy Drive- this will be done to benefit a local charity group for bay county.
- New Year’s Eve Beach Bash- This will be the first of an annual tradition here at Pier Park.