CONFIRMED List of Stores for Pier Park North [REPORT]

by November 15, 2012 • 94 comments

The list of stores slated for Pier Park North is small but seems to be growing very quickly cites an anonymous source.  There has been a lot of speculation as to what stores are coming and it has been confirmed  as to which ones are definite and which ones are in the works.

Here are some of our past articles about Pier Park North.

Confirmed list of stores.

Here is a full size plat map.

Working on LOI:

• Rooms To Go

Proposed:

• Chili’s
  • Leslie’s Pool

Additional Construction Update Stories

1 mark November 15, 2012 at 10:15 am

Shoe Carnival-Great Shoe Store-can’t wait!

2 heba November 15, 2012 at 10:22 am

nothing is interesting in this list we need gap calvin klein !!

3 john November 15, 2012 at 10:30 am

The thing I like about Pier Park is you have the normal mall stores mixed in with some cool beach stores and restaurants. this is a line up of stores that you would find anywhere – and no Fresh Market or Whole Foods. One word, boring.

4 Karen Oliver January 26, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I totally agree! I contacted St. Joe Commercial to inquire about that and I was told that they had been trying to convince them to be one of the stores…no interest at this time…it’s a shame because “some” of us would love to shop at a fresh Market or Whole Foods store and I believe it would do extremely well.
I’m a local Real Estate Agent with Beachy Beach 30A Real Estate and most of the customers have said that would be such an asset to Pier Park!!!

5 John Brann January 28, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Karen
Thank-you for looking into this matter. Maybe a letter campaign to the stores we want here in Pier Park.
Petition; Something to get the attention of the company CEO or President.

Thank-you
John

6 Janet November 15, 2012 at 10:43 am

How about Fresh Market/FreshFoods and Kohls…

7 Desrea November 15, 2012 at 11:08 am

There is nothing of interest on this list. It is everything that is in town. Still have to go to destin to shop. Silver sands where are you

8 Dianne November 15, 2012 at 11:27 am

Someone is doing a lot of work to get more stores here and all we can do is complain and ask for more? What is wrong with us?

9 Felix Holt November 15, 2012 at 12:29 pm

Those pesky people with vision and imagination, always wanting something better. I would rather look at the saw palmettos and sand oaks than a strip mall of low-budget stores and microwave food chains. We need pleasing, beautiful, useful mixed-used residential, retail, and office developments with underground parking and a walkable design. Complaints and demands are what created this country.

10 Vicki Faust January 31, 2013 at 8:56 am

I totally agree! A place where people can live, work, and shop. Get out of your cars people! There’s plenty of strip malls to drive to. Pier Park is about a shopping, eating, entertainment ‘experience’. Unique shops not hum drum, boring chain stores you can find in Anywhere, USA.

11 Rose April 5, 2014 at 7:58 am

I agree, unique stores are required; we are tired of same o stores that can be found everywhere too. I have to go to Tallahassee, Jacksonville or Atlanta to find Ethnic food stores (Asian and Mediterranean, H Mart etc.), Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Aldis. We need a good book store; so sad Borders closed. BooksAMillion pretty much sucks. Driving to Destin is a bit far when I would like to visit Barnes and Noble at least once a week or everyday.

12 Carol November 17, 2013 at 12:07 pm

One thing is more jobs which is good!

13 jeff November 15, 2012 at 1:51 pm

When Pier Park North was originally announced it boasted as having “upscale” stores. I see nothing here other what we currently have elsewhere in the area. How about Calvin Klein, Williams Sonoma, Gap, Macy’s, Banana Republic, Nordstrom, etc. … then we would be talking something special! But, instead another Shoe Carnival, Ross, a nail salon, Kirkland’s and Michael’s … we need something above and beyond to compete with Destin more. Just another strip center!!!

14 Cathy November 15, 2012 at 2:11 pm

I see lots of great shopping ahead……. some store’s I’m familiar with & some not but, I’m happy to see them come to PCB. We have many outlet outside malls such as these around Nashville and up in Pigeon Forge Tn. they all do wonderfully and really draw tourist and hometown shoppers looking for the exceptional values you can find in them.

Please refresh me as to where this will be located?

:) Cathy/Tennessee

15 Maureen November 15, 2012 at 2:37 pm

Well, I guess I don’t really care because I hate to shop.

16 Bearabull November 15, 2012 at 5:52 pm

I would like to see a Costco and a whole foods

17 Jeremy November 16, 2012 at 6:13 pm

Leases signed? How can that be when planning approval for the whole venture supposedly hasn’t even been given by PCB planners yet? I thought we were supposed to be waiting on satisfactory resolution of traffic concerns first? As it’s clearly already a done deal anyway I just hope that this, and the Walmart building going on the other side, will at least result in sidewalks and/or cycle paths that actually start to link places usefully on US98. Also a bit of a shame not be seeing any new names for the area in this list, but just clones of existing versions on the other side of Hathaway Bridge. I’m still hoping for my personal weakness of Chipotle to appear on the final list too!

18 Preston November 17, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Logans Roadhouse is garbage. Texas Roadhouse or a Ale House would be awesome. But yea Logans Roadhouse is just horrible.

19 Greg November 17, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Any news on the old rumors about getting a Fresh Market? How about bringing another new department store to the area like a Macy’s? Those would be great for the area. It seems like we are just moving the same old storres from 1 side of the bridge to the other. I would be willing to join a letter writing campaign to bring those new stores to our area.

20 GreggT November 18, 2012 at 9:30 am

Greg they DON”T BRING a store in, it works the other way around. I’m sure if places Fresh Market, Macy’s, Belks, or what ever had an interest in locating at Pier Park, Simon would be just tickled pink to accomadate them.

21 Greg November 17, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Jeff and others stated it best… where are the upscale stores we need to compete with Destin. I have no reason to visit PP North or the 5th walmart in this small town. That’s why I am writing this from Destin commons!

22 Greg November 18, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Agreed, but there is such a thing as marketing as we do with our beloved tourism. Especially given that we are small market, Panama city beach might not be on their last of expansion opportunities. All too often people get happy in their comfort zone and settle for good enough. My wish is that we strive to do better. If Destin can do it, then why can’t we? There are really no other stores of this type within 50 miles and I haven’t hard talk of anyone courting these high end retailers. We have the new airport, we have all the land on back beach, we are where the real growth potential should be! Now lets go attract some businesses and retailers to our area!

23 Lauren November 25, 2012 at 9:34 am

I’d love to see some more clothing stores such as Nordstrom, J Crew, Banana Republic, Ann Taylor, and Gap. Also, I think the community would LOVE an Apple store and a Trader Joe’s or a Fresh Market.

24 Delia January 31, 2013 at 8:52 pm

I would also love an Apple Store!!! We need one in the panhandle.

25 PC Resident November 26, 2012 at 2:06 pm

How about a Dress Barn? They are reasonably priced and have good quality clothing.

26 billy November 26, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Damn it, we need a guns and ammo shop…where is it ?

27 Aurora Shank November 28, 2012 at 7:03 pm

What about Costco? I think we need a Costco here, a little competition for Sams Club and it is better.

28 GreggT November 28, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I agree, Costco would be a great addition, MUCH better than Sam’s, better paying and benefits for their employees too!

29 margaret November 28, 2012 at 8:27 pm

We definitely need a Costco down here. They can show Walmart how its done.

30 James Warren November 28, 2012 at 9:11 pm

I live in Tallahassee 1/2 the year close to a Costco, it doesnt compare to Sams. I was just in both of them today

31 WENDY T November 29, 2012 at 4:27 pm

COSTCO WOULD FIT PERFECTLY ON THE LOT WEST ON 79 ON THE PARKWAY WHERE THE ATM MACHINE AND 25 ACRES IS FOR SALE. JUST ON THE OTHER SIDE OF PARKWAY DENTAL. COSTCO IS SO MUCH NICER THAN SAM’S. THEIR PRODUCTS ARE HIGHER END AND THEIR SELECTION IS MUCH BETTER.

32 Jennifer November 29, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Rumor has it the new Pier Park Walmart is replacing the front beach Walmart due to their parking lot lease being up. Any info on that?

33 Jason Koertge November 29, 2012 at 3:17 pm

I think that is just a rumor. There have been rumors of the other Super Walmart going away for years (starting in the boom days of the early 2000′s). I can’t remember the report but it had been announced a couple years back that the PCB Walmart was actually their top performing store in the US in reference to annual revenue numbers.

I doubt that it would go away.

34 Brian December 3, 2012 at 7:13 am

These are great stores. I only wish the waste treatment plant could get it’s fumes under control. Also the paper mill smell has been pretty bad lately. Just curious how pcb is going to grow with 2 huge elephants in the room.

35 Karen December 6, 2012 at 10:17 am

I agree that a Trader Joe’s, Fresh Market or Whole Foods would be glorious. I think Chili’s is nasty and so is Logan’s so I hope something better will come along. A Ale House or McGuire’s Irish Pub would be so awesome! Wishful thinking I know….

36 Karen Bradford December 6, 2012 at 10:35 am

I would love to see a JoAnne’s Fabrics and Crafts.

37 Kennon Elliott Wallis December 13, 2012 at 8:38 pm

I know this is a slow time of growth. I’m all for growth, but Wise growth! I’m disappointed with most of the stores projected. I’d like to see those stores (except Best Buy) stay on 23rd Street and 15th. We need to decide if we want to continue our image as Redneck Rivera, or work and wait to get what we really want. One day the economy will pick up. Then, we might be in prime location to develop in like manner as South Walton and Okaloosa Counties. Again, I think it’s a shame all those trees were buzzed for low end shops in low end PC. Let’s get a vision for a better Panama City Beach, not merely settle out of desperation.

38 GreggT December 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm

As I’ve said before, It’s not “We need to decide”, this is business, the investors own the property and they want to get a return on their money, They could care less to who they lease to as long as they can fork out the dough. They only “settle” when they are forced to cut a lease price, bet they would sign up Purple Haze if they had the bucks!

39 Greg December 14, 2012 at 10:22 pm

AMEN Kennon, our city planners and developers should try to encourage the right kind of growth by whatever means possible, lets shake this redneck Riviera look for something more inviting to businesses and tourists alike to help our area develop the right way, through judicious zoning and tasteful design.

40 CNote December 23, 2012 at 8:36 pm

These stores are terrible. I wouldn’t be caught dead in any of them. This will not bring people to our area. It is “dead money.” aka fake growth. It will end up hurting us in the long run until or unless good companies can come in here, but if we screw it up & get a bad reputation what will make them want to come here? Allowing these companies in on the initial (best) offer was a mistake that will haunt this development for years to come. That’s not to say they can’t strike gold with one great business that will draw others in down the road. Best Buy will not last out there 5 years I promise you.

41 D C January 14, 2013 at 1:51 am

How about getting a FRESH MARKET or WHOLE FOOD…… AND…. some healthy eating places!!!

42 Bobbie Hufham January 30, 2013 at 12:35 pm

I have been trying to suggest to Cheesecake Factory to come here, there is not one within hundreds of miles of here and it is a big draw? Hope you can get them on board. Olive Garden too!

43 M.T. January 30, 2013 at 8:10 pm

There is an Olive Garden in Pier Park now…

44 Lori Buckalew March 4, 2013 at 9:06 pm

Come to the east end of PCBEACH , Miss lori,s Designer consignment Boutique next to public on Thomas dr. 2429 Thomas dr.
Fresh market every weekend at captain Anderson’s & Runaway bay ,Boatyard all on Thomas Dr. Where the locals go :)

45 Katherine Compton October 1, 2013 at 10:39 am

We need Fresh Market, Joe’s Crabhouse. We also need a Costco.

46 Greg October 2, 2013 at 7:27 am

How about a Macys? We could really use one of those around here.

47 Melanie Driggers October 9, 2013 at 9:26 am

I am in total agreement with the postings here—We do need a “The Fresh Mkt or a Whole Foods”—–people are learning to eat healthier these days—where do you go for organic foods in Panama City Beach—-not the local grocery stores—not enough variety! And yes—the exact same stores in this listing are across the bridge—big Whoopee!!! Let’s provide more variety and market new anchors stores, etc. that are not in close proximity to Destin or across the bridge—to give shoppers a really great reason to shop at Pier Park and bring much needed revenue to the area. Now, it looks to me that the general consensus here is to bring “The Fresh Market” or a “Whole Foods” to our area. so whoever is in charge of doing the marketing—needs to get busy. Where there is a will—there is a way. Git er’ done!

48 Carol November 17, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Hey let’s push for whole foods!! Their cheaper than fresh market and it’s Paleo friendly. Fresh market has a lot of processed foods.

49 listen2me November 6, 2013 at 8:36 pm

need a checkers burger & a bojangles chicken & a golden corral on the beach what ever else comes so be it. but need these 3 for sure these three can make millions break a lot others shoney sucks out lound & management sucks twice as bad.

50 danny November 6, 2013 at 8:45 pm

who the hell is the city manager of panama city beach fl.? man if you want tourist all year round bring one of the biggest & fastest roller coasters people travel from all over the world to get that rush. get with Disney see if they will bring a small theme park here hell donate the property get st joe to donate some of theres panama city beach fl is already on the map lets make it the place to go all year around!!

51 Carol November 17, 2013 at 12:03 pm

I’m hearing rumors of a Whole Foods Market. I sure would like to see one as their prices are good and it’s healthy . I do Paleo and hopefully one day it will reach the southeast. Very good food. Thx

52 Gail Sims November 17, 2013 at 3:41 pm

PLEASE GET A FRESH MARKET! Dillard’s also could use some competition – how
about Macy’s?
Pottery Barn would be a dynamite store to open at Pier Park North!

53 Betty S Brown November 20, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Would love to see a Macys in pier park north, we need more big retail stores in the area, Macys is a wonderful store. I’m a Macys retired employ.

54 Gambini November 24, 2013 at 6:45 pm

Same boring stores that are in Panama City nothing special . We need a Wholefoods market , Chipotle and Trader Joes. Macys and Texas Roadhouse instead of the garbage Logan’s roadhouse . Wake up Panama City we are sick of the ordinary retail crap it’s about time we live better !!

55 greg November 24, 2013 at 7:08 pm

I second that. Let’s turn this Redneck Riviera into a desirable destination like the rest of Florida with quality retailers. We can do it!

56 Brenda Gentry December 13, 2013 at 5:28 pm

We could use a Costco or sam’s in the area

57 Mack December 14, 2013 at 3:31 pm

How disappointing. Nothing to make those shopping experience worth driving to.

58 Patsy December 26, 2013 at 7:45 am

We want Fresh Market or Whole Foods…please! I totally agree, most of the stores going in are repeats of what we aready have. Macy’s would be great and we need healthier choices for food in Bay County!!!!!

59 Kim Cadogan January 2, 2014 at 6:21 pm

Book store!

60 Chastity January 13, 2014 at 1:39 pm

I would REALLY love to see a Whole Foods Market in our area. There is such a need for an organic grocery store. I think it would do extremely well in the area.

61 Jennifer January 17, 2014 at 8:46 pm

Looks like most of the same stores that we already have in Panama City. How about some variety? I was really looking forward to a Fresh Market. Did we really need another Rooms to Go? Looks like I will have to continue driving to Destin if I want something different from the same old crap. Very disappointing….

62 Lynn February 19, 2014 at 11:34 am

Oh My goodness please be happy with Pier Park North choices. I for one am ecstatic!!!!! Trust me living in Bonifay with absolutely NOTHING…….is something to complain about. I have to drive 45 minutes North or South just for decent restaurants, movies, good health care and shopping. And our elected officials will never allow BONIFAY to grow!!!!!!

63 Helen F. Templin January 24, 2014 at 5:45 pm

I heard you were going to have a Macy’s store. I would also kike a Belk store. Are you going to consider having either one.

64 sona radney February 4, 2014 at 11:49 pm

what are the chances of getting sams club and/or Costco. what about a full moon bar b q!!! you need some really eye catching stores and places to eat for all ages. you have your older (snowbirds) in the winter and your younger people in the spring, summer. get some eye popping places so it will not look like 23rd is looking now. world market, the Christmas store. those are an all year round store.

65 Melanie Driggers February 12, 2014 at 11:58 am

More store suggestions: Select Comfort Sleep Number, Academy Sports, Belk or Macy’s, Costco, Whole Foods, The Fresh Market, Ted’s Montana Grill—howabout a Kroger grocery store—let’s give Winn Dixie and Publix some real competition here on the beach—they have an awesome organic food section, also. How about a wine shop with some real variety?!

66 Sierra February 19, 2014 at 10:34 am

Since whole foods or a fresh market store isn’t being added and I honestly don’t know of one in that area. I’d contact publix. They have new stores call hybrid stores. Where it’s more of a green wise store but still does have some regular product in it. It’s the healthy verizon of a regular publix supermarket and awesome we have one being built here close to clearwater fl.

67 Lorraine February 19, 2014 at 1:37 pm

Trader Joes would be awesome here!

68 Rebecca Grantham February 19, 2014 at 7:15 pm

Would love a Books A Million or Barnes and Nobles

69 Kelli February 20, 2014 at 10:21 am

Is it just me, or does this list seem to be just more of the same??!?! Why can’t we get some “new” stores, like what they have in Destin commons? I hate having to always drive there for good shopping….give us a Sephora and a Macy’s for goodness sake!! And would it kill you to put in an apple store??? Grrrr…..smh if u keep building crap, you just make the traffic more congested on our way to the good stuff….how about Gap/Calvin Klein/Banana Republic/Macy’s/Nordstrom/J Crew/Ann Taylor/White House Black Market/Buckle/Pottery Barn for shopping….and WHOLE FOOD!!!! I live in town (PC), and only come to the beach on my way to buy clothes in Destin, as do 95% of the people I know. Give us a reason to stay and shop here!!!! We don’t like to see the revenue being given to another county when we know our economy needs it. More vacationers would stay here as opposed to Destin as well. I feel that this is an important turning point for our economy. It’s make it or break it time! Don’t drop the ball on this one.

70 John February 20, 2014 at 1:09 pm

So it’s pretty much the area around and some of the Panama City Mall.

71 Ann February 24, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I would love a Christmas Tree Shoppe, we had them up north in NH and they were great! Nothing like them around here.

72 Karen March 6, 2014 at 6:37 pm

What happened to Fresh Market?? Although would rather have a Trader Joe’s.

73 Shelli March 26, 2014 at 4:34 pm

All are great suggestions…..but what about good old Red Lobster….A Steak and Shake…..or best of all IHOP….!Places us locals would use all year….!

74 VV March 27, 2014 at 1:11 pm

I agree, Logan’s terrible idea. A Whole Foods or a New Leaf Market would be great. How about a Barnes and Noble.

I hope these retailers keep their stores and parking lot clean and tidy.

75 Teenah March 29, 2014 at 11:41 pm

I am so happy to see a Pet store on the beach. I just wish they would put in A Childrens Place. The closest one is San Destin. There use to be one in Panama City mall but they left a few years ago. It sure would be nice.

76 James Mainor March 30, 2014 at 12:19 am

We need a cheesecake factory

77 Rose April 5, 2014 at 8:32 am

BaJa Fresh is great food with a fine salsa bar. Macy’s, Belks, and Fresh Market, Costco would be nice as well. The “Taco Bus” in Tampa where they have branched into several locations would be a nice addition as well. I enjoyed the Tampa Taco Bus first in 2003 and visited again recently. Ethnic food is such fun; also found the Brandon Middle East Store that would be nice to have here too, AlMadinaGroceryDeli, as the food is delicious and reasonable at this time. Cuban Sandwiches in meat markets are the best and cheapest. The pressed hot bread is the best. Would be nice to have meat markets in Panama City too with delis to make takeout.

78 Bridget April 18, 2014 at 5:41 pm

We really need a Sephora. There isn’t a sephora here except for destin and I’m tired of shopping online for all my needs. Sephora is far superior to ulta, it’s just tragic that there isn’t on here. That and a MAC Cosmestics store. We can’t we get anything nice here?
The only decent place on that list is Sally’s and that’s for makeup and skincare.
No one smart buys skin care at walmart unless they want their face ruined.

79 Ashley May 14, 2014 at 6:29 am

I totally agree that we need to campaign for a Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s somewhere in Bay County. There is obviously a demand for it.

80 Ashley May 14, 2014 at 6:43 am

Click on link and fill out form. Under pull down menu select real estate/request new store in your area.
Then tell them what you want. If enough people tell them maybe we can get one. Try the same for Trader Joes and Whole Foods Market.

81 becky ducote May 14, 2014 at 6:56 am

Why not a NEW store to the area, like Whole Foods, H &M, Trader Joe’s, Macy’s…why the same boring stuff that is in town???

82 Nicole Lehrman May 14, 2014 at 5:04 pm

How about more upscale stores like.. cheesecake factory, coach, Maggiano’s little Italy, Barns&Noble , ??

83 Carlos May 14, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Nothing new here. What happened to Chipotle’s?

84 Brandon Adams May 15, 2014 at 12:31 am

Your all ridiculous. All you want is more corporate crap. What needs to be filling those spaces is local small business. And the rent needs to be low enough that they can survive and thrive there. Starting with a real Traditional Barber Shop and a Tattoo Shop.

85 Greg May 15, 2014 at 6:24 am

I think the last thing we need is another local tattoo shop. We have way more than our quota of those around here. I am not opposed to more small businesses opening up but a diversification of area retailers is what we are hoping for (yes I mean national chains that we don’t already have over the bridge).

86 Bill June 1, 2014 at 9:34 pm

always i used to read smaller content which as well clear
their motive, and that is also happening with this article which I am reading now.

87 Laura Bell June 2, 2014 at 6:24 pm

I would petition for Whole Foods and Trader Joes on a heartbeat and would travel from 30a west to shop there!!

88 Laura Bell June 2, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Yes Chipotle and Costco too!

89 Ray June 15, 2014 at 4:57 pm

Get our Ruby Tuesday’s back! Awesome salad bar. PC IHOP folks said a Pier Park IHOP is coming. Oh, speaking of a salad bar, how ’bout Sweet Tomatos!

90 Mark Moeschl July 17, 2014 at 5:10 pm

What about Costco?

91 Elizabeth September 15, 2014 at 8:30 am

I am disappointed there are no higher end stores planned for PPN. I had great hopes for the shopping center until I saw the same ‘ol lame ‘ol stores we have in every town/city in the US. Some great stores would be Whole Foods, Macy’s, The Gap, Pottery Barn, Williams & Sonoma, etc. I thought people at the beach had an income to support these stores but I guess not, or maybe the business feel they couldn’t sustain themselves over the winter.

92 Shay Roup October 12, 2014 at 4:12 am

I have lived in this area for 20 plus years and there is not one store on the list that would make me drive to the beach to shop! We need new places. Whole Foods, Trader Joe’s, Bass Pro Shop, Gander Mountain, Earth Fare, Denny’s, Cracker Barrel etc. When is our area going to wake up? We already had all of the stores that they moved to Pier Park. They brought nothing new to our area but more construction problems. So sad to see our beautiful beaches destroyed by repeats now Panama City has alot of vacant buildings because of it. You should have left those business where they were at and brought in new venues.

93 cocoa beach real estate florida November 29, 2014 at 3:57 am

Hello, Neat post. There’s an issue with you site iin internet explorer, would check this?
IE nonethedless is the market leadeer and a good component to other people
will misss your fantastic writing due to this problem.