Weather wise – Panama city Beach has outdone itself- if you’re hearing about a tropical depression bringing bad weather to Florida – the other Florida – here on the Panhandle we could not ask for better weather to usher in October! Cool and dry; you can even pack that tissue weight longsleeved tee you’ve been wanting to wear – or just bring a cute sleevless top to put with some black jeans and high boots! This weekend’s weather will be perfect for Thunder Beach.
What to expect, wear and do this weekend.
Shorts and bathing suits during the day for guys and girls of course – DO bring a hat- it’s going to be so nice you will not realize you are getting burned – there may not be a cloud in the sky, although we may see pieces off the tropical stuff to our south.
You may actually be comfortable in your leathers at night, especially on the beachfront. Great hair weekend for beach portraits, folks!
Thursday: Sunny; high near 84. Nice breeze from the north.
Thursday Night: Low around 68. North northwesterly wind about 10 to 15 mph. Lovely, golden, beach sunset 6:30 p.m.
Friday: Beautiful beach day, sunny, near 85.
Friday Night: Mostly clear, low 69.Sunset 6:29 p.m.
Saturday: Mostly sunny, up to about 84.
Saturday Night: Sunset 6:27 p.m. Getting down near 67.
Sunday: Sunny, high about 81 degrees.
Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, low near 64.Sunset 6:26 p.m.
What to expect from the Gulf
Surf seems pretty flat, but check again; watch the tropical depression to see if it possibly kicks up anything in the south that might stir the GUlf.
- RIP CURRENTS can be unpredictable, dangerous and deadly!
- Please use good judgment while swimming in the Gulf of Mexico.
- RIP CURRENTS CAN BE DANGEROUS
- Learn how to identify and avoid them, and get to know your BEACH WARNING FLAG System.
- Two RED flags flown together means STAY out of the water!
- If the BEACH WARNING FLAG System is not posted at the beach access at your hotel, please ask the front desk until you get the information.
Keep a full tank of gas, and have a great time on Panama City Beach!Print Story