Year over year, since the Jazz Fest has come to Panama City Beach, the event has grown and drawn a sophisticated audience to the beach. Many of the attendees upon their first event, had never been here before. And many have a pattern of returning every year and at other times of year as well.
We recently had a discussion with Mark and Renee Carter, the event promoters, about the growth and success of the event.
- Festival attendance topped 25,000 (includes dinner cruise, Meet- and Greet, Kick off concert, and all shows at Pier Park)
- Named “Top 10 Jazz Festival in the USA” by JazzIZ Magazine
- Named “Top 100 Event by the North American Tour Bus Association”
- Demographic is 30-54 years old affluent adults, college-educated, professionals earning $100,000+ annually. Many attendees earn in excess of $250,000+.
- 65% of tickets sold were outside the State of FL.
- Most stay on an average of 4 nights.
- Resorts such as Sterling and Resort Quest have tracked jazz festival attendees returning multiple times per year on vacation after the jazz festival is done.
- The 2011 event created a $14.2 million impact to Panama City Beach and Bay County according to the HAAS Center at the University of West Florida Small Business Developmental Center.
- Seabreeze Jazz Festival was #1 ticketed paid event in Bay County for 2011 in gross receipts and top gross receipts for a single event (Pollstar.com) with close to $1 million in ticket sales.
- In 2011 — tickets were sold in 48 of the 50 states in the USA and 6 different countries.
- Over 1 million hits to the festival website April 2011.
- Music Scholarships, jazz band clinics, and instrument purchases were incorporated into the 2011 event with participating from Arnold High School in PCB and South Walton High School in Santa Rosa Beach.
- Seabreeze Jazz Festival always offers free admissions to all local band students who wear their band shirt to the front gates.
- WSBZ-FM 106.3 in Destin, FL is one of only 12 full-time smooth jazz radio stations in the USA.
Two ways to get free tickets
You want to know something awesome? We’ve worked out a special deal to do a ticket giveaway and offer some free tickets to those that book their stay through us as well.
We’re going to do a ticket giveaway later this week, where we’ll give away 2 four-day passes to one lucky winner! This is a $400 value!
Keep your eyes peeled!Print Story